FOXWELL ROAD SSC
Construction of a new state secondary college in the expanding area of Coomera on the Gold Coast.
Construction of a new state secondary school on behalf of the Department of Education as part of the Three New Secondary Schools Bundle valued at a total of $180M collectively.
Built on a greenfield site at Foxwell Road, Coomera, the school was delivered for Term 1, January 2020 after a 24-month design and construction period.
The project provides education facilities for an initial total intake of 200 students for Stage 1 of this project. Stage 2 is currently in early design phase and will be delivered in August 2021 for Term 1, 2022.
Stage 1 of the new school provides the following facilities for the junior school students:
– Information Services Centre and Staff Accommodation
– Canteen, Food Court & Retail Centre
– Executive & Student Services
– Ancillary Services Centre
– Grounds Care & Sports Store
– Central Student Amenities
– Junior & Senior School Amenities
– Food Studies & Hospitality
– Junior Applied Technology Centre
– Science Centre
– Junior General Learning Areas
– Movement Studies/Student Sports Centre
DEVELOPER: Department of Education
ARCHITECT: Thelander (Part A) Open Architecture (Part B)
CONTRACTOR: FKG Group
Photos: Lucy RC Photography